Completely and utterly wholesome and family-friendly! I am glad I got to see this take shape and if I had kids of my own, I would play this with them.
One Cranky Dragon
A downloadable game
- Recommended: 2-5 players; age 4+
- Materials: A towel or jacket. Optional: A large printout of the map
- About: Adventurers must get through the forest and catch the dragon to find out why it's so cranky. Will they be able to help the dragon or will it keep rampaging through the local villages? A Motion and Memory game.
Looking for 2 - 5 Brave Adventurers!
The dragon is awake and causing trouble for all the villages near their den! We need someone who can dance for the Forest Guardians, capture the dragon, and find out why they're so cranky.
Who dares accept this dangerous quest?
One Cranky Dragon is a set of three smaller games for young adventurers 4-10 years old or older adventurers who are young at heart. To stop a cranky dragon, you have to dance your way past forest guardians, dodge the dragon's attacks to capture them, and help them feel well enough to get some much-needed sleep. Players get to take turns being the Head Forest Guardian and the Dragon, so everyone gets the chance to play an adventurer!
One Cranky Dragon includes a few different options now to enjoy the game, ranging from a large-print map-like adventure to business cards and bookmarks. We don't yet have a printer-friendly version of the map, but every other version includes both a color and printer-friendly version.
- The full map that guides you through the adventure.
- A printer-friendly version of the rules with more of a straight-forward format.
- The business card version for parties and conventions that covers the first two challenges; includes only light coloring for printer-friendliness.
- The double-sided single bookmarks that provides a more streamlined version of the game.
- The foldable bookmark that doesn't require printing on both sides, only some cutting and taping/gluing.
- The sheet of four bookmarks so you can print multiples on one sheet.
- The more vision-accessible version of the rules (Lexend size 15 font. Please note, it won't help with all forms of dyslexia. User experience might vary).
Originally created for the One Page RPG Jam.
A very special thank you to the wonderful people in the One-Page RPG Jam Discord server for all their help. This wouldn't have been possible without you.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you can't afford to pay, please feel free to grab a Community Copy.
For every dollar, rating, and comment on this game, I'll add another copy to the pool.
- A Brand New Look!Apr 15, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is absolutely great and the title is brilliant :D
I had a chance to playtest an earlier version with my son and we had a lot of fun. It is great to see how it has developed.